be a lemming.
follow the fox.

14 June 2010

+ sentence padding.

Bonjourno.

This is often a source of much entertainment.

The words that pad out sentences.


Over the past few years my mother and I have noticed, and compiled a small list of phrases and sayings that are often used to fill up a sentence. If you are rather oblivious, or are a padder yourself, here is a small compilation of the ones that I can think of at this point in time.


  • I'm telling you...
  • But look...
  • At the end of the day
  • When it comes down to it
  • Do you know what I'm saying
  • ...and all that
  • The fact is/The point of the matter is
  • When push comes to shove...
...and that's about it at this moment, I'll probably update it later, when I have small and irrelevant epiphanies. 
But, look, at the end of the day, the fact is, they are utterly pointless, and all that... Save your words, save time! Surely you could abbv. your language, to a simple BTW, LOL, or JKS, even that's better. But don't confuse your listener by cluttering your sentences. It's aurally exhausting.


Stay Tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+ the red fox.

 -OVER AND OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment