be a lemming.
follow the fox.

31 August 2010

+ fruit salad.

Look, this may offend some fruity people.

Summer is fast approaching, and when not remembered for it's blue skies, the beach and it's intolerable heat, it is more often than not associated with fruit salad.... That's the first thing that springs into my mind....
But it's this very multicoloured dish I have huge issues with.
What I cannot comprehend/fathom/understand/swallow ... all those words, is why on earth someone would feel the urge to taint the cheek-sucking sweeeeeeeeetness of the kiwi, with the delicate passive pear flavor? Why blend all the zesty, citrusy, juicy, watery fruits together into a big bowl of mush? I'm not disagreeing with combinations and infusions of flavours when it comes to smoothies, yoghurts, icecreams and all those mouthwatering summer beauties. Oh by all means, suck, slurp and s-lick away.



But why can't we just dice and slice all our favourite berries and treefruits and eat them semi-separately, pick and choose. Just because I like grapes, doesn't mean I'll pick them over a strawberry. Whoah there. There's a hierarchy of fruits. Don't deny it, "pssh that Han is a freak, she orders her food", yes I do, and deep down you know you save the little blueberries until last.
So what I'd really like from, well, both of you, is to stop mashing up carefully grown Australian produce (yes, I'll try and make you feel guilty about the farmers out there picking each cherry for your blackforest cake, while adding a touch of patriotism) and eat it with the respect it deserves.

Don't play with your food, how rude.


Stay Tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+ the red fox.

 -OVER AND OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment