be a lemming.
follow the fox.

29 December 2009

+ p.o.v. on poverty.

Aloha nobody.


Well I was just looking at my holiday literature homework and i remembered this ridiculous english class I had last year when we were studying 'points of view'.
So we had a student teacher, and you can tell she was pretty anxious about giving the lesson as they generally are, because I think I'm stating the obvious here, but a class full of hormonal teenage Toorak Girls is fairly confronting to your average freshman teacher. It was clear she put a bit of effort into the lesson and it was all proceeding as she had anticipated until she presented this task upon the class.


"Write 100-300 words on your view on poverty."


See I don't have to conduct global surveys, be psychic (even though we all know they just sifted through our wallet when our eyes were shut), or be horribly stereotypical when I say: I don't think anyone loves poverty.
I haven't walked down the street and seen "Support Poverty" protests. I don't walk into stores and upon my purchase get interrupted by the shop clerk and questioned whether I'd like to spend the extra $3 on a "Every coin counts towards promoting poverty".
So as foreseen, the classes responses were beyond predictable and general. Every response sounded like each girl was a competitor in a Miss Australia pageant.
Q: If you could have anything what would you have?
A: World peace *cheesy petroleum gel, artificially whitened smile*


Yes. I really believe that this task promoted the classes 'lateral thinking' in order to formulate an opinion.
My grade on the lesson: 




Stay tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+hann.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHA why a D+? You are amazing at writing stuff!

    ReplyDelete