be a lemming.
follow the fox.

23 February 2010

+ take care with greetings.

I feel that it's suiting to not begin with a greeting for this blog. So I'll simply say:
__________________!

Look, this has been constantly niggling at me like a loose tooth (thankyou boosh). I'm certain I'm not highly strung and this is a universal irritation.
Let me paint a picture for you, so your hard working imagination can go have a donut on a LaZboy.
I'm standing in the 9 items or less (because apparently if you run into double digits it's a completely different scenario altogether...) line at the supermarket with my milk - which took me an eternity to select, and most likely a small confectionary item that caught my eye upon sortie. So I'm making a poor attempt at appearing as though the weight of the 3L of milk boring rather successfully into my feeble fingers is as light as a feather while simultaneously trying to put together the ridiculously accurately priced duo in my number-illiterate mind. The acne infested clerk chirpily calls for the 'next' person, his voice plummeting several octaves on the 'xt'. I awkwardly try to appear busy while he fumbles with the products and works the beepy machine that swallows my $6.85. And then the dreaded parting.
It's not like I fell in love with 'Hal' upon our first meeting, or that I just adored the way he scanned my Mentos, it's what they say when you make to leave. Now here, in the ever so 'classy' MtE, the beepy-people like to exasperate their quota of "Take Care", "Youse have a good one".
It is these two phrazes I would like to very violently shoot in their little letter faces (if letters had two eyes, a nose and a mouth-in this instance they do).
Allow me to put it simply for those who like to indulge themselves with the quotes:
STOP SAYING IT! YOU SOUND LIKE A BOGAN!
....no need to elaborate on that now...

Excuse me greasy, unsuccessful fulltime attendant, but what does it mean?
Take care? Of what? Myself? I acknowledge that I'm rather clumsy but I've survived pretty well so far thankyou. Take care. Oh, phew, good thing you told me to or I would have thrown myself into that inanimate object over there. Take Care. Take care!? You take care motherlicker (always very strong debating point).
And Youse? Plural? Have you had issues with your cataracts again, because I was almost certain there was one of me. Youse. Maybe I'll say thankyouse and blessyouse, and are youse a freakin re-tard?
And what about the 'one'. Have a good what? A nice trip? Because I'm definitely going to have a hell trip home attempting to decipher your parting message. Are you speaking in code? One = day? Speakenglish! Or try, because it doesn't seem to be your first langauge.

Usually I'd have some attempt at a witty remark to round up the blog, but I'm disgusted at the rapid decline of the english language. I even wrote an essay on it. So there will be none.


_______________. HMPH!


Stay Tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+ the red fox.

ps. shoutout to kory - my cynical sidekick xx

-OVER AND OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment