be a lemming.
follow the fox.

28 January 2010

+ covalent coworker bonding.

Aloha Foxy Followers.


I suppose this blog was inspired by the year twelve orientation camp I was meant to attend. 
Now I'm unfamiliar with the bonding exercises involved in the workplace, but I've had my fair share of school group integration, and let me just refresh those graduates, that it's utterly pointless. 

For example this orientation camp I was meant to be featured at was based upon the incentive of being more friendly towards each other as a whole and making new friendship bonds with those who you wouldn't regularly. Well just firstly, being stuck in a bunking room with five other girls I've known for at least six years isn't going to make me like them even more. It would do quite the opposite. I severely doubt a good 72 hours is going to make us the best of friends. Have you ever lived with anyone? Because I know that we all go in good friends, but as soon as there is a group of hormonal, adolescent girls in a confined, compulsory experience, it's gonna end up boarder line lord of the flies let me tell you now. 
So living with them certainly isn't going to strengthen my love for the girl who sits behind me in Chemistry. 
And then there are the activities. There's always two I loathe with a definite passion.
  1. The untangle your hands game. In what universe, does making me hold my arch nemesis's hand and some other clammy girls paw while hurling lanky or chunky ligaments over other peoples entangled bodies make me like her? I sincerely do not see the point in this exercise. Sure, 'teamwork', but we all know that there's that one bossy girl (more than occasionally yours truly...) that insists on winning instead of working as a team and takes the leadership role, catapulting the team to victory and a sweet food-y prize. So maybe in pictures holding hands with people of mixed races across the globe, interconnecting, all that jazz, maybe thats nice, but in reality, I like my personal space thankyou.
  2. The fall back on your partner exercise. No I will not. The leaders tend to pair you up in couples which gravity will admit, height wise do not compliment each other at all. In fact it's almost conflicting, surely theres a law in physics about it. I'm rather small. And I'm not kidding when I say I'm always paired up with some mammoth. Usually towering over me, I have no problems falling back on them, but when it comes to me catching them, well excuse me for being rude sir, but they'll pummel me to the ground flat.But somehow the leaders point and convict me of not being trustworthy. No, I can be trusted, but the strength of my upperbody muscles cannot on the other hand. 
Then theres the 'buddy' system. Where they stick draw your name 'randomly' out of a hat so no one gets to be paired with their mate. Spending hours interviewing each other so that you can find overlapping interests and build your friendship on them, real hoot and a half. I did that last year, I can't even remember my partner let alone her likes and dislikes, the name of her pet, favourite cuisine and middle name. 
Of course this procedure is usually accompanied by a booklet of some sort to store your precious progress memories or 'signatures', which is usually an assault on the usage of Comic Sans (the font) and ClipArt. I shudder at the thought...

For those who aren't acquainted with RickyGervais The Office you are really missing out on classic 'bonding' comedy. I did do a wee bit of Googling but failed epically for the first time in my life to find the specific clip of the episode so I just urge you to go out and rent it. The episode where they have an office workshop. Very entertaining and accurate. 


So when it comes to making bonds, my favourite is dipole-dipole thank you very much. (chemistry humour I'm afraid...)


Stay Tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+hann.


-OVER AND OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment