be a lemming.
follow the fox.

16 January 2010

+ your future cannot be that bright.

Bonjourno.


Well this blog was in fact a suggestion from Miss Fraser, one of my four faithful followers, who  foolishly subscribed to read my brain blabble. But again, thankyou, and keep suggesting!


I guess I noticed it at first when I was at the beach with a cluster of my school mates. My friend who endeavors to appear 'cool' by wearing long white socks, a necklace chain-a-magigy, the oh so nineties white 'gangsta' cap but - backwards and the wretched sunnies. It's all well and fine because we have all embraced him as being super badass - and we understand his persuit of cold-ness but he did however commit a spectacle crime. 


You cannot wear sunglasses at night or inside.


I don't care if Corey Heart loves wearing them at night 'cause he can, 'cause he can...(this joke will only apply if you're an '80s music enthusiest or over 30 unfortunately...). Not only does it make him appear shifty, like he's an agent from the CIA or a 'man - in - black', but it's simply stupid. I've searched my rather limited vocabulary and that's really the only word I can fathom that describes such an action.







The term 'sunglasses' even specifies the terms of its usage. To be worn when the light from the sun is present. For example on boats, in cars, outdoors obviously, at the beach - a more specific version of outdoors, barbeques...and so forth. This does not include inside a building with windows. Just close the blinds or step away from the transparent environment barrier. 
Please I'd love to hear of those sunny-offenders why they feel that making the inside of a club several shades darker, makes it exponentially better. I can barely see with all the flashy epileptic lights going, let alone chuck on the shades and eliminate the light altogether. Perhaps this is the reason for the 'beergoggles'. These metaphorical goggles are actually real! They make everything look better, because you can't see them at all.


Another incident I've noticed this arising is on aeroplanes. Do these passengers sincerely feel that that small porthole of a window delivers such a significant amount of UV light to their cornias, retina, iris, macula, optic gel and vitreous gel that they need to shield it with their new Christmas present to themselves - the knock off RayBans? 
I say nay.







What makes it even more of a felony is when you comment on it, but they insist 'oh but I'm getting off the train soon". No. Don't be slothful. Take them off - put them on your head or shirt, then put them back on again. You're not James Bond.


Perhaps if you have a horrible eye condition such as conjunctivitis - which renders your face considerably repulsive then by all means, cover up, please. But unless you're actually executing an impossible mission, or are a blues brother or a '20s Chicago real gangster, please refrain from the seedy shades. They make you look like a peter-file.


Please obide by the unwritten law of the spectacles. 
You're future is not that bright that you must wear sunglasses 24/7.


Stay Tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+hann.


-OVER AND OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment