be a lemming.
follow the fox.

29 January 2010

+ mother mockery.

I would just like to take, and abuse this opportunity to mock my mother, hence the title. 


We were innocently sitting in the kitchen and my little brother was trying to plant this funny hybrid plant specimen in an innovative can while my mother attempted to assist. Obediently following instructions my mother did as instructed by the small print. Until it got to the last step, following 'place in sunlight'. 
3. Water.
For you average garden variety gnome this would indicate to water the plant. However mother believed this to be too logical and straightforward. She then pondered on the instruction and then announced her query. 
"Could you water plants with milk?"
My brother, being very intellectual for his young age of eleven, and I looked at her with dismay and awe of the stupidity of the question. I, having done year twelve biology, knew the requirements and the properties that water and plants supplied and filled and began a debate with my blonde mother. My brother offered his knowledge of the natural world to the argument.
She was convinced. 
Her point? Waters wet, so is milk. 
In that case we could feed plants molten iron or lava and it'd still grow. 
But nay. She refused to acknowledge science, and thousands of years of successful crop growth because she was certain plants could grow if they were simply wet.


There you have it.
Breakthrough in science.


Stay Tuned.
life's narcissistic narrator.
+ the red fox.


-OVER AND OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment